Friday, July 23, 2010

Celebrating "Lasts"

Today I celebrate lasts. This morning was the last morning that I will have to be chauffered to work. This morning was the last morning that I have to un-stink the sponges because hubby refuses to use one sponge at a time.

This was the last time I had to arrange a lunch pick-up time.

Then, it was the last time he dropped me off at work, and did the last "Love you, have a good day, BE GOOD," thing.

Hopefully tonight will hold the last insinuated accusation of sleeping with other people.


I am scared, but I am determined.

I am leaving my husband.

For those who have been reading along and want to know the jump between "Is this abusive" and "Hasta Luego", well, I was basically going to leave anyway, but I got sidetracked by the abuse question. That question got answered by my analysis of his behavior. Then my analyses were confirmed. Then my whole supposition was confirmed by my best friends and my sister, who were relieved I was finally talking about it and seeing it.

Here's a note: Once you see abusive behavior, it becomes easier to recognize, even in your own spouse.

To top that, my eldest asked me if we could leave sooner than the original plan (which was Spring).

So what could I do then? I had to start making my exit strategy.

And so I did.

And so I planned it out.

And so it will happen tomorrow.

And today, I celebrate lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment